Whether you like to admit it or not, we are all somewhat obsessed with the lovable characters of reality TV. From high fashion stylists, to professional basketball players and stunning socialites, we get to see how celebrities act in their everyday lives through today’s hottest shows. These stars also happen to be great Halloween costume ideas. I mean, who wouldn’t want to look like Kim Kardashian or Posh Spice at one of the hottest Halloween parties?
Just in time for your last-minute fix, our go-to fashion expert Janet Hamada from Moderne styled DIY Halloween costumes inspired by some of our favorite celebrity couples. From Rachel Zoe and Joey, to Victoria and David Beckham, Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom and more, we have your DIY guide to celebrity couples costumes. Read on to discover what fashion and accessory essentials you need to mimic these star-studded power couple looks on Halloween.
Rachel Zoe and Joey from The Rachel Zoe Project: Rather than going to Rachel and Rodger, we thought it would be fitting to have the MAY-JOR duo of Rachel and Joey for Halloween 2011. This is perfect for the best friend duo that wants to dress up as a couple.
Rachel Zoe Costume Must-Haves:
- Oversized fierce colored jacket – can be blazer or motorcycle style
- White oversized button down top, like this Plastic Island Penny Blouse
- Wide legged denim – the wider the better. You want your shoe to be barely visible under the pant leg.
- Majorly huge sunnies!
- Zoe tousled hair – messy wavy, loose curls
- Fierce red lip
Additional Options: Fur vest / black on black on black. Such as black jacket, tunic, leggings and thigh high boots. Oh, and carry around either a venti Starbucks cup or a Pellegrino water bottle.
Joey Costume Must-Haves:
- Plaid shirt, such as this Howe Cash Killer Woven Shirt. Or any pick from Just A Cheap Shirt selection
- Gray Structured Casual Jacket, like this Hey Blondie Jacket by How
- Skinny leg jeans
- John Varvatos Converse shoes
- Major hair – comb up with spray for extra volume
But the most important accessory of all are the infamous Zoe Isms, like: "I Die", "ba-na-nas", and "Mayj".
The Beckhams: The ever so stylish and POSH duo
Victoria Beckham Costume Must-Haves:
- A structured dress, like one a vibrant pick from the Naven Party Dress selection
- Oversized sunglasses
- Mile high platform pumps. We recommend Michael Antonio Laverne Pumps
David Beckham Costume Must-Haves:
- White plain tee
- A vest, like this English Laundry look, paired with a black skinny tie
- Distressed denim, such as the beat-up look by Degaine
Additional Options: Lots of tattoos, fierce hair styes (for both), and Victoria's signature "bob" wig.
Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries: The Newlyweds
Kim Kardashian Costume Must-Haves:
- An over the top engagement ring is essential. Be playful and grab a fake light-up engagement ring from Party City
- Body Con Dress, like this hot, black Eight Sixty Body Con Dress. Or for a pop of color, opt for this vibrant blue Naven Cut Out Dress.
- Statement jewelry
- Extreme platform shoes, like our fave Michael Antonio Lynley Pumps
- Hair and makeup are key with this look. Go for a smokey eye and voluminous curls galore.
Kris Humpries Costume Must-Have:
- Keep it simple with a Nets basketball jersey, #43
Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom: The Love Birds aka The Pistachio Couple
Khloe Kardashian Costume Must-Haves:
- Animal Print is essential for this look. For luxurious style, try this hot Snakeskin Maxi Dress from Lovers + Friends
- Gold statement earrings
- Nude heels
- Large engagement ring, such as a fun light-up ring from Party City
- Loose beachy curls
Lamar Odom Costume Must-Have:
- Keep it simple with a Lakers basketball jersey, #7
Additional Options: To focus on Lamar's love for candy and sweets, make sure Khloe has some stashed in her purse at all times. And you can’t forget the Klomar-Isms, including plenty of “Lam Lam” and baby talk.
LMFAO: The Sexy Party People for those looking to get crazy on Halloween
LFMAO Costume Must-Haves:
- Bright logo tees, like any of these bright shirts by Local Celebrity
- Bright neon aviator sunglasses
- Gold chains
- Fun oversized pleather jackets
- Skinny denim
- Colorful high top shoes
- Wild afro wig
- Make sure you know how to shuffle and be ready to take lots of shots, shots, shots
Best of all, these Moderne pieces are all must-haves for fall fashion in San Diego. Get these hot DIY Celebrity Couples Halloween Costume essentials and much more on shopmoderne.com
Discover more San Diego Halloween parties and Halloween attractions