Salvatore Ferragamo, an Italian purveyor of luxury fashion, announces the opening of its first boutique in San Diego. Set to open in April 2012 at Fashion Valley Mall, the boutique will mark the first time the San Diego market will get an unmitigated experience of the Ferragamo product.
The San Diego boutique will showcase the label’s ready to wear collections (women’s and men’s) as well as shoes, handbags, luggage, belts, bijoux, silks, perfumes, eyewear, and small leather goods, and will feature the Spring/Summer 2012 runway collections by new Creative Designer, Massimiliano Giornetti. This is the first time Giornetti’s designs will be available in San Diego.
“The San Diego market is an important region for the network of national Ferragamo boutiques,” says Vincent Ottomanelli, President, Ferragamo USA. “An intellectual and creative community, the clientele in San Diego firmly understands and appreciates the qualities that define the House - luxury, style, tradition and innovation.”
The store will embody the essence of the Ferragamo brand, from the storefront design landmarked by polished stainless steel, to the Salvatore Ferragamo entryway signage, and the attention to detail within. Inside, champagne hued finished metals and imported limestone meet a new LED lighting design that highlights the merchandising displays. The energy-efficient lighting is intended to enhance the shopping experience by providing the customer with a true color rendition of the product offerings. More décor highlights include custom Italian manufactured Mondrian Walnut and Tunisian stone flooring, wool rugs and newly fabricated furniture, imported from Italy, continuing to translate Ferragamo’s rich Tuscan heritage.
Our must-have look from Giornetti’s collection is an unexpected wool ensemble in vibrant cardinal with mismatched pinstripe and animal print detailing.
- Double-breasted wool jacket in a pinstripe pattern. Features include a short and boxy cut with peak lapels. Fully lined in silk satin. Color: cardinal / black. $2140
- Wool pleated pant with side pockets in a pinstripe pattern. Color: cardinal / black. $980
- Silk jacquard halter top in an animal print. Features include a deep V neckline and detachable self-tie sash at waist. Sash sold separately. $1280
- Oversized clutch with a patchwork pleated effect. Features include a light gold zipper closure, inside pocket, and wrist strap. 15.8"L x 3.9"W x 8.7" H. Color: cardinal. $1790
- Strappy sandal with soft tubular bands gently wrapped with golden thread. Features include a padded insole and gold hexagonal heel. Heel 11 cm. Color: cardinal $825
Opening April 2012, the Salvatore Ferragamo store is located at 7007 Friars Rd. within Fashion Valley Mall. To view more of the Spring/Summer 2012 collections, visit ferragamo.com
Discover more San Diego shopping news and follow our San Diego lifestyle blog